Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Threads" purse.

I finally finished the purse from my "threads" challenge.  I know that all of the design rules say to use odd numbers (3 or 5).  However, I like even numbers (it must be the accountant in me) and I chose to use four strands of couched cotton for the curvilinear design and four fabric covered buttons as an accent. (They are in a straight line.  The bulge of the purse makes them look crooked.)

Looks like this will be my holiday season purse. 
I am still thinking about the sheer fabric challenge and will continue to think about it while I wrap gifts and clean the house.....

Please let me know what you think.  I posted the couched fabric earlier.  Please page down to see it. All constructive comments welcome!

8 comments:

  1. Your bag looks great and although I usually use odd numbers, your even four really works. Welcome to blogdom. I am so far behind with mine due to too many holiday activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start for a blog and the purse is cool. Welcome to the 21st century! You don't need to justify your time spent on artwork - just enjoy it and keep experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purse is quite cute! As is your granddaughter. Welcome to the blog world. You will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, your purse is great! The buttons add just the right touch. I'm sure you will enjoy the purse and get some requests from your friends for one like it! I'm working on my "threads" piece.
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog start - the purse is great. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are doing a blog. It is fun. Your purse looks great!

    ReplyDelete